Here are the various types of ear gauges that are available:
The earplugs: this requires O-rings which often is bone thickness throughout the plug which can easily be put into the ear stretch.
- The insertion of these is very easy in the newly stretched ears.
- The O-ring that is surrounded makes the stretch look bigger than it is
The single flared earplug with O-ring: these have one of its end that is flared which means it is larger than the size of the plug.
- Very easy to insert
- You have only one O-ring which means that you don’t have to worry to take care of two of those rings.
The double flared saddle earplugs: it consists of a little bit of a larger lip on the back and front of the plug compared to the middle portion.
- No O-rings are needed
- These are mostly made from organic materials like wood, buffalo horn and bone which is considered good for the health of your stretched ear.
Screw fit earplugs: these are made of two pieces that screw together to form a plug.
- Enables an easy insertion since it is not flared.
- They are lightly weighted since most of the plugs are hollow.
The types of materials that are being used in the ear gauges:
- Titanium: it has been considered one of the best for ear stretching and fresh stretching. If some people have an allergy to steel they will prefer titanium.
- Steel: it is a non-porous, easy to clean and a smooth material which is generally considered for fresh ear stretching.
- Silicone: this is considered a great choice for piercings that are healed. They are very comfortable and also very pleasing to the eye.